- Provides Capital Improvement Project design and management
- Prepares studies, budgets, agreements and public works construction documents
- Administers consultant contracts, public works grants and agreements
- Maintains records of public improvements, city-wide maps and block books
- Provides construction consultation for public works improvements
- Develops and maintains Technical Documents and Standard Details/Drawings.
Land & Property Development (LPD)
- Manages the Encroachment Permit Program.
- Prepares Encroachment Agreements for work in the public right-of-way and city easements.
- Reviews, coordinates and approves Public Improvement Plans.
- Reviews and approves Subdivision Maps.
- Reviews and/or prepares Title Documents, including lot line adjustments and public easements.
- Participates in the Project Clearance Committee and Subdivision Committee meetings. Develops Conditions of Approval for development projects.
- Determines and collects development fees.
- Defines and administers Public Works requirements prior to Building Permit issuance.
- Responsible for designing, monitoring and responding to traffic signal outages and problems.
- Responds to requests to improve safety on roadways and bikeways
- Reviews development permits for traffic issues
- Issues permits for over-sized and overweight vehicles
- Conducts parking and traffic studies and analyses
- Implements neighborhood traffic calming programs
- Reviews and designs signage and striping on roadways
- Participates in the City's Bicycle Advisory Committee (BPAC) and the City's American with Disabilities Act (ADA) Committee
- Participates in programs from Traffic Safe Communities Network (TSCN), Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA), and Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART).
- Inspects work performed by contractors, construction materials and work authorized under the City's Encroachment Permit Program
- Surveys for planning and design of public works improvements
- Provides construction control for public works projects
- Handles questions and complaints about construction in the public right-if-way
- Manages soil contamination clean-up in City-owned property