MISSION: Library 2 Library Bicycle Loop Tour
- Date: 01/18/2020 9:30 AM - 2:45 PM
Join the libraries in your community for the 2020 Library 2 Library Bicycle Loop Tour on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE THIS TOUR BEGINS AND ENDS IN SAN JOSE AT 9:30. IT WILL REACH THE MISSION BRANCH LIBRARY AROUND 10:15
The following libraries have teamed up to present this community event:
- San Jose Public Library Bascom Branch
- Santa Clara City Mission Branch Library
- Mountain View Public Library
- Woodland Branch Library
- Cupertino Library
Register online at Eventbrite: https://library2librarybiketour2020.eventbrite.com
- Meeting Location: Bascom Branch Library at 1000 South Bascom Avenue
- Length: Approximately 30 miles
- Route Map: Map available on MapMyRide- https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2844732052
- Participants: Everyone who is powering a bicycle must be a competent rider, able to ride in a straight line and keep 5-10 miles per hours pace for 30 miles
- Pace: The Tour is ridden at a casual, leisurely pace and we stay together as a group
- CA Helmet Law: Persons under age 18 must wear a helmet
NOTE: The bicycle tour will not be held in the event of inclement weather. In the event of cancelation, notification will be posted on library website and registered participants will be contacted via email.
- 9:00 AM Check-in begins at Bascom Branch
- 9:30 AM Bicycle safety talk
- 9:45 AM Depart Bascom Branch
- 10:15 AM Arrive Santa Clara City Mission Branch Library
- 11:45 AM Arrive Mountain View Public Library
- 12:35 PM Arrive Woodland Branch Library
- 1:25 PM Arrive Cupertino Library
- 2:30 PM Arrive back at Bascom Branch Library
Library stops will include library tours, snacks and activities.
Stuff to Bring
In addition to having a bicycle in good working condition, please bring your own following items for a more comfortable and safer ride:
- Reusable water bottle
- Lunch and snacks
- Bike helmet
- Layers and/or weather-appropriate clothing
Why Bicycle Library Tours?
The Library 2 Library Bicycle Loop Tour is a fun tour for library lovers and bicycle enthusiasts. With the growing momentum of bicycle awareness, advocacy and infrastructure in the Silicon Valley are, libraries are pursuing innovative bicycle-related services and programming. Hosting library bicycle tours increases the visibility of our libraries and gets librarians out into the community.
Library bicycle tours appeal to a broad demographic including young adults, adults and families. They bring people of all ages together and highlight the importance and significance of the library's role in the community and in bringing people together. Additionally, library bicycle tours get people of all ages out of cars and moving, showing that bicycling is a viable means of transportation to the library and everyday use.