Coronavirus Update: Library events cancelled through March 15
- Date: 03/09/2020
The Santa Clara City Library understands that our residents enjoy the community events that we offer and value our high-quality programs. Under the guidance of County Public Health and in consultation with our expert internal emergency response staff, the City is making these difficult decisions in the best interest of public health and welfare. Our Library events have been cancelled through Sunday, March 15 and extensions will be decided on a week to week basis. In the meantime, the Library will remain open during regular hours.
In the Library we will continue to
- increase efforts to clean and disinfect frequently
- secure bacterial wipes to be available for use as needed
- sanitize all tables, high use areas, equipment and toys
- elevate staff awareness and establish clear guidelines so staff members can help children stay healthy
- encourage staff and participants to remain at home when sick
- follow County Public Health Dept. guidelines and recommended protocols
- limit large gatherings of people
- limit non-essential programs/services
- help people by phone when possible.
Please help us by:
- staying home if you are sick
- cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into your elbow
- avoid close contact with other people, sit or stand at arm’s length distance away from others
- avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
The Santa Clara County Public Health Department is the lead agency during a public health emergency.
For more information, visit https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx
Thank you for partnering with us to ensure the health of your children, and all of our community and staff.