Speeding Endangers Everyone on the Road
We all know the frustrations of modern life and juggling a busy schedule, but speed limits are put in place to protect all road users - drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians.
Speeding is more than just breaking the law. The consequences are far-ranging:
- Greater potential for loss of vehicle control
- Reduced effectiveness of occupant protection equipment
- Increased stopping distance after the driver perceives a danger
- Increased degree of crash severity leading to more severe injuries
- Economic implications of a speed-related crash
- Increased fuel consumption/cost
Today, SCPD's Traffic Unit is in north Santa Clara after receiving concerns from residents regarding speeding. If you have a Traffic Issue in your neighborhood, report it to SCPD's Traffic Unit Sergeant at www.scpd.org - Report Traffic Issues.