Traffic Advisory for Levi’s® Stadium and the Surrounding Area - Sunday, January 19
Pre-event Festivities to include Pyrotechnics and a Military Flyover
The San Francisco 49ers will take on the Green Bay Packers in the NFC Championship Game at Levi’s® Stadium on Sunday, January 19 at 3:40 p.m. Approximately 68,000 attendees are expected. As additional event information becomes available, update(s) will be provided. Event information can be found on the Levi’s® Stadium website at www.levisstadium.com
- Heavy traffic and delays are anticipated on major thoroughfares leading to and from the stadium, including Highways 101, 237, 880, Lawrence Expressway, Great America Parkway and San Tomas Expressway, as a result of the event. Expect increased traffic to begin around 11:30 a.m. and continue through the conclusion of the event and its' egress (estimated end of game time 7:00 p.m.).;
- Tasman Drive will be closed from Convention Center Drive to Centennial / Marie P DeBartolo Way on Sunday, January 19 beginning at 1:30 a.m. and will remained closed through the conclusion of the event;
- Stadium-goers are encouraged to take public transportation. For light rail and bus lines contact Valley Transportation Authority, ACE/Capitol Corridor heavy rail or CalTrain. Please note, VTA will have their post event fare sales inside the team store;
- If you are driving a personal vehicle, input your address for step-by-step directions to each lot. Note, other map programs and/or apps may not take road closures into consideration;
- Do not park in residential neighborhoods;
- Parking lots will open at 11:40 a.m. Pre-paid parking passes can be purchased at www.levisstadium.com. Please note, ADA parking is available in Green Lot 1. Additional information regarding accessible parking is available parking is available at http://www.levisstadium.com/plan-your-visit/ada-parking/;
- Stadium gates open at 1:40 p.m.;
- For this event, guests using a ride share service should use Red Lot 7 for pre-event drop-off and post event pick-up. Ride share drivers will be required to obey all traffic laws, follow posted signage and not be a nuisance to area residents/businesses or will be subject to citation;
- Bicycle parking will be located outside of Intel Gate A and Dignity Health Gate C. Bicycle Routes leading to Levi’s® Stadium are accessible from the following trails and/or roadways: San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail, John W. Christian Greenbelt Trail/Prescott, Guadalupe River Trail, Great America Parkway, Lafayette Street, Tasman Drive/Great Mall Parkway/Capital Avenue and North First Street. Bicycle traffic on the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail will be diverted in order to ensure the integrity of the stadium’s security perimeter;
- No parking will be allowed on Tasman Drive on Sunday, January 19;
- No parking will be allowed on the clearly marked posted section of Lick Mill Boulevard on Sunday, January 19;
- Residents should allow additional time for travel and may consider taking alternate routes to and from their homes;
- The City of Santa Clara Traffic Engineering Department has made traffic cameras available to help individuals make travel decisions based on road conditions;
- To reduce traffic in residential neighborhoods, the Santa Clara Police Department will have checkpoints at the following intersections:
- Lafayette Street and Calle de Primavera
- Lafayette Street and Hogan Drive
- Agnew Road and Lakeshore Drive
- Agnew Road and Cheeney Street
- Wilcox Avenue and Gianera Street (egress only)
At approximately 11:30 a.m., Fairway Glen Drive and Eisenhower Drive will be closed on the east side of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Hogan Drive or Calle de Primavera for access to their street(s).
During this same timeframe, Bassett Street, Davis Street, Fillmore Street and Lake Santa Clara Drive will be closed to the west of Lafayette Street. Residents will be encouraged to use Cheeney Street and Lakeshore Drive for access to their street(s);
- Everyone is encouraged to read the message boards and follow the instructions of police personnel and private security;
- Be observant and monitor your environment. If you notice suspicious objects or observe suspicious behavior, report this information to local law enforcement immediately;
- Due to the day and time of this event, as well as the need to use slow-moving equipment or other barriers to perform event set-up, for safety reasons the San Tomas Aquino / Saratoga Creek Trail will close at 10:40 a.m. on Sunday, January 19. Ticketed pedestrians and bicyclists will be able to use the Creek Trail to access the stadium for this event beginning at 11:40 a.m.;
Non-ticketed bicyclists will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Lakeshore Drive, Gianera Street, the VTA Great America Train Station Parking lot, Stars and Stripes Drive and service road/trail along the rear of the Tasman Parking Garage, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Non-ticketed pedestrians will be rerouted via Agnew Road, Mission College Boulevard, America Parkway past the Santa Clara Convention Center, and then back to the San Tomas Aquino Creek Trail.
Please help us keep the creek and trail litter free.
It should be noted that all undercrossings may be subject to periodic closures during the rainy seasons when they are inundated by the water levels in the creek. For information on closures of the trail for maintenance or weather, call (408) 615-3080
- Do not drink and drive;
- Levi’s® Stadium prohibits all bags, backpacks and other carriers from being brought into the stadium with the following exceptions:
- NFL approved clear plastic bag (12" x 6" x 12")
- One gallon clear plastic Ziplock type bag
- Small clutch bag (the size of an adult hand, 4.5" x 6.5")
In addition, all approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry and are subject to additional inspections within the stadium. More information about the bag policy is available online.
- Levi’s® Stadium promotes an environment where guests can enjoy their game day experience. Guest are encouraged to immediately report violations of the stadium Code of Conduct using one of the following methods:
- Counterflow is planned in the north and southbound direction to assist with exiting the parking lots following the event. This will effect Highway 237 at Great America Parkway; the highway off-ramps will be closed. Great America Parkway will be closed northbound from Highway 101 and southbound from Highway 237. Please be patient and follow all written and verbal instructions to assist with a smooth egress;
- Pre-event festivities will include pyrotechnics and a military flyover (tentatively 2-3, F-16 United States Military Aircraft and 1, four-engine Aerial Refueling Tanker, from Edwards Air Force Base, 416th Test Squadron) estimated at 3:36 p.m. It the military provides SCPD with an update on the type of aircraft to be flown for the flyover before the event, an update will be provided;
- The Santa Clara Youth Soccer Park will be hosting games at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 19. Participants should work with their coaching staff/league coordinator to obtain a parking pass. The Santa Clara Convention Center has two events taking place between 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Combined attendance is 2,000 event goers. As a result of these activities, traffic in the area may be heavier than normal;
- To better serve our Northside residents and businesses, the Santa Clara Police Department is enhancing its services by having a staff member answer the non-emergency, stadium-related incident phone line, (408) 615-2280.
Traditional methods of reaching SCPD should be utilized for any emergency or non-stadium, non-emergency situations. Refer to the chart below for resources. Please do not use social media to report issues requiring police, fire or medical response; it is not monitored regularly.
Emergency situations, such as fire, burglary in progress, fight or display of weapons, medical condition is life or limb threatening, sounds of breaking glass, gunshots or screaming, strange odor coming from a house or building, traffic accident with injuries, suspicious person (e.g. loitering, cruising streets repeatedly, peering into house/car window), etc.
|408-615-5580||Non-emergency situations, such as noise (e.g. loud party, barking dog), drunk in public, vandalism, graffiti, traffic accident without injuries, etc.|
Stadium non-emergency phone line during event hours, such as a vehicle blocking a driveway, alcoholic beverages in City parks, rideshare vehicles double parked on roadways, individuals conducting themselves inappropriately, event-related noise, garbage, etc.
During non-event hours, callers will be directed to a phone tree to leave a message.
Mobile app to submit, track and view nearby service requests, such as stadium noise.
Submissions will be responded to during normal business hours.
Santa Clara Police Department
601 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95050
General inquiries / Police building: 408-615-4700 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sunday, closed)