News Release: City Council to Hold 2020 Goal Setting at Upcoming Retreat
Council Priority Setting Session set for Jan. 30 and 31
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Tuesday, January 21, 2020
CONTACT: Lenka Wright, Director of Communications, 408-615-5515 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – The Mayor and Councilmembers will set their 2020 priorities and receive a fiscal outlook update during the two-day City Council Priority Setting Session.
The sessions will take place:
- Time: Approximately 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Central Park Library, Redwood Room
2635 Homestead Road
Santa Clara, CA 95051
- When: Thursday, Jan. 30
Friday, Jan. 31
The public is invited to attend the sessions.
During the sessions, the Mayor and City Council will meet to discuss the current goals and any upcoming Council priorities over the coming year. This is important work because it sets the policy framework for how the budget’s developed including the best use of City resources to support these objectives. The City Council will also discuss their 2020 communication goals and engage with the new communication consultants on the second day of the sessions.
The current Council policy priorities are:
- 1. Promote and Enhance Economic and Housing Development
- 2. Enhance Community Sports and Recreational Assets
- 3. Deliver and Enhance High Quality Efficient Services and Infrastructure
- 4. Manage Strategically Our Workforce Capacity and Resources (previously "Maintain Adequate Staffing Levels")
- 5. Enhance Community Engagement and Transparency
- 6. Ensure Compliance with Measure J and Manage Levi’s Stadium
- 7. Sustainability (adopted in 2019)
The sessions will be live streamed on the City’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
For more information, visit the City website.
About the City of Santa Clara
Located at the heart of Silicon Valley about 45 miles south of San Francisco, the City of Santa Clara truly is “The Center of What’s Possible.” Incorporated in 1852, Santa Clara covers an area of 19.3 square miles with an estimated population of 129,498. Santa Clara is home to an extraordinary array of high-tech companies, including Applied Materials, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Nvidia, Oracle, and Ericsson. The City of Santa Clara is also home to Santa Clara University, California’s Great America Theme Park, and Levi’s® Stadium, home of the San Francisco 49ers and Super Bowl 50. For more information, go to SantaClaraCA.gov.