COVID-19 Update (May 20, 2020, 4 p.m.)
City of Santa Clara Communications/Emergency Operations Center
Lenka Wright, Director of Communications, 408-615-5515 or email@example.com
City of Santa Clara Media Line: 408-615-2181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter: @SantaClaraCity
This is a summary of the City of Santa Clara’s latest response efforts along with impacts to local events and City programs/services due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) public health emergency.
- Santa Clara County residents now have more options for free COVID-19 testing.
- On Wednesday, May 20, the City of San José, the County of Santa Clara and Verily announced testing sites at the PAL Stadium, 680 S. 34th St. in east San José, and the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds, 344 Tully Road in San José, for all residents, with or without COVID-19 symptoms.
- Testing is provided at no cost to individuals, regardless of health insurance.
- Residents need to schedule an appointment to get tested.
- There are now more than 30 testing sites open across the county.
- For more information about community testing sites and how to make an appointment, visit SCCfreetest.org.
Latest Changes for Upcoming Events
- In support of a recommendation from the National Association of Town Watch, National Night Out is now postponed from Tuesday, August 4 and tentatively rescheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 6.
- For more information, visit SantaClaraCA.gov/NationalNightOut.
- Santa Clara Works, a relatively new annual event related to Public Works Week that provides the community with an inside look at the delivery of City services, is canceled for June.
Subscribe to the City News eNotification list to receive the latest updates on this public health emergency.