The Permit Center is located in City Hall, 1500 Warburton Avenue in Santa Clara. It was designed with a vision of premier customer service, focused in a single location, combined with highly trained employees, advanced technology, and a constantly improving review and approval process. The Center was designed by the people who use it, the customers and the employees, and integrates successful experience from other centers. Please see permit information, information and guidelines for more information.
We have geared our Permit Center to provide as many "over-the-counter" reviews as possible, and to consolidate those reviews into fewer steps. Customers who used to walk from office to office to obtain information or approvals, standing in different lines, now generally visit only one office where they are greeted by a Permit Technician who will help them to obtain the proper reviews. Streamlined procedures have reduced the amount of time and the number of people required to process many projects. Single Point Contacts, a Santa Clara concept, assist applicants in proceeding through complicated projects requiring multiple reviews and public hearings.
Your comments and suggestions are important to us as we continually try to improve our process. Suggestion forms can be obtained from the receptionist's counter or email us at email@example.com
Santa Clara serves a broad range of customers in the permitting process, from homeowners and contractors with small additions, to developers and businesses with large and very complex projects. The Permit Center has been designed to serve all our customers with any size project and a variety of service needs.
Permit Center Customer Service Information
The Permit Center is open Monday through Friday except for holidays.
- Permit Center Business Hours: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (except the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month when staff meetings are held from 8:45 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. and staff are not available)
- The Permit Center is closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m.
- General permits are issued: 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Plans Examiners' Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Building Inspectors' Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. or by appointment. Please call 408-615-2440.
- Fire Prevention Office (1675 Lincoln Street): Please call to set up an appointment 408-615-4970.
- Planning Staff Hours: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., except during Planning Staff Meetings held on Thursday mornings. Please call 408-615-2450 for meeting times
- Engineering Staff Hours: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.