The deadline to apply was June 30, 2020
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) is for City of Santa Clara residents only. The ERAP may have a second round of funding later in the year. If you would like to be placed on the waitlist, please go to our ERAP Waitlist and fill out your contact information.
The City of Santa Clara’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) assists low-income households that are at 60% of Area Median Income (AMI) or lower, with rental assistance for past due rent payments that have accumulated due to the COVID-19 crisis.
The goal of the program is to prevent low-income households from becoming homeless.
- Reside in the City of Santa Clara;
- Have accumulated past due rents after April 2020;
- Demonstrate the ability to pay rent moving forward;
- Enter into an agreement with your landlord to satisfy past due rents that the subsidy assistance does not cover;
- Have a household income that does NOT exceed 60% Area Median Income (AMI) gross household income limits (see chart below).
Gross Household Income Limits
Note: Income limits are subject to change by the Department of Housing and Urban Development. If income limits change prior to the submission of your application, the most current income limits will be used to determine eligibility.
Submission Requirement Checklist
Please collect all required documentation and prepare to submit them upon request:
- 2018 or 2019 Tax Return (only if self-employed)
- Bank statements from February, March, April and May 2020
- Pay stubs from February, March, April and May 2020
- Two (2) proofs of residency (e.g., driver's license, utility bill, cable bill, etc.)
- Unemployment Benefits Statement(s) (if applicable)
- Copy of your lease
Amount of Assistance
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program can help address up to three (3) consecutive months of rental arrears (i.e., past due rents) in an amount not to exceed 85% of the Actual Rent or Fair Market Rent (FMR), whichever is less.
Santa Clara County Fair Market Rents (FMR)
If you have any questions, contact staff at the following email address:
City of Santa Clara: firstname.lastname@example.org