New Residential Development
Park & Recreational Land Dedication and/or Fees Due In-Lieu
The Santa Clara City Code includes Chapter 17.35 “Park and Recreational Land” that requires new residential developments to provide developed parkland and recreational amenities pursuant to the California Quimby Act (Quimby) and/or the Mitigation Fee Act (MFA), and/or pay a fee in-lieu thereof. In addition, City Code Chapter 3.15 Dwelling Unit Tax applies to residential development. Fees are reviewed on an annual basis and are included in the approved Council Resolutions. Note that the parkland value will be set at 100% of the annual appraised land values by ZIP Code area, and the park improvement value will increase 25% per year from 2019 to 2022. The City will revisit the use of a cost escalation factor in 2021.
Fee Resolutions & Ordinances
- Resolution #19-8769 (10-29-2019).
- Resolution #19-8749 (8-27-2019) Amended by Resolution #19-8769.
- Resolution #17-8427 (5-9-2017).
- Resolution #16-8358 (8-23-2016).
- Resolution #14-8174 (10-14-2014).
- Ordinance #1937 (02-24-2015) Amended Chapter 17.35 to remove 1-acre prerequisite for fee credit eligibility.
- Ordinance #1928 (07-15-2014) Added Chapter 17.35 to City Code.
Background Data & Supporting Documents:
Annual Land Valuation Appraisal Reports
- December 31, 2019 Land Valuation Appraisal Report (to be completed in 2020)
- December 31, 2017 Land Valuation Appraisal Report
- December 31, 2016 Land Valuation Appraisal Report & Addenda
- December 31, 2015 Appraisal Report (Final Draft) August 15, 2016
Nexus Studies and Updates
- August 27, 2019 Park & Recreation Facilities Development Impact Fee Study Update - Final (Willdan Financial Services)
Park Amenity & Design Standards
- 2019 Public Park Amenity & Design Standards (subject to amendment)
For more information, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department at 408-615-2260.