Garage Sale 2020 Dates
There will be two City-Wide Garage Sales in 2020:
- April 11, 2020 - Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak, the Citywide Garage Sale scheduled for April 11 has been canceled in support of slowing the spread of the highly contagious virus. For the latest community and COVID-19 updates, visit SantaClaraCA.gov/CoronavirusUpdates.
- August 8, 2020 - registration opens July 6, 2020
Why hold a garage sale?
- Get rid of clutter and earn some cash
- Find unexpected items at a reduced cost
- Reuse items that would otherwise go to the landfill
How to participate?
Buyers can search for sale locations using the interactive map or downloadable spreadsheet posted the day before each garage sale.
Tips for holding a garage sale:
- Complete all information on the registration form.
- Create a master list with the items for sale and their prices.
- Post visible signs on private property only (no signs may be posted on utility or street sign poles).
- Have change and petty cash available. Have plenty of bags and boxes available.
- Donate usable items not sold.
For more information, email us at Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov or call (408) 615-3080.