Stormwater treatment measures are required for all construction projects that create and/or replace 10,000 square feet or more of impervious surface (including road and trail projects). The following types of projects trigger C.3 requirements when they create and/or replace 5,000 square feet or more of impervious surface:
- Retail gasoline outlets
- Auto Service facilities
- Parking lots
- Pre-construction: Applicants must receive third party verification of Stormwater Control Plan (SWCP), including sizing calculations, plan sheets, etc.
- Projects with active building permits over 1 acre in size must maintain a SWPPP and are to be inspected once a month during the wet season (October - April).
- Developments with a restaurant or retail component shall purchase and install full trash capture devices on the property, which must be maintained by the property owner in perpetuity. Maintenance of full trash capture devices must be addressed in the Stormwater Treatment Measures Inspection and Maintenance Agreement.
- Any storm drains on private property shall be marked with “No Dumping – Flows to Bay” storm drain markers. Developer is responsible to add these markings upon construction. They are available for purchase ($6.69 each) at the Finance Department, 1500 Warburton Avenue. Bring the receipt to the Public Works Street Corporation Yard, 1700 Walsh Avenue, to receive the storm drain markers.
- Projects must receive third party certification from SCVURPPP's list of pre-qualified consultants. Certification verifies the proper installation of all stormwater treatment measures in accordance to approved plans.
- Owner must enter into an Inspection and Maintenance Agreement with the City prior to occupancy. There are two boilerplate agreements available based on the type of project:
- Questions? Contact us at Environment@SantaClaraCA.gov or 408-615-3080.