The following list of Water Use Restrictions and Prohibitions are specific measures which prevent water waste and achieve reasonable, yet substantial, reductions in water use by all users in the City.
The following uses of water are prohibited by the City:
- The use of potable water in a fountain or other decorative water feature, except where the water is part of a recirculating system
- Washing cars, buses, boats, trailers, or any vehicle by use of a hose unless that hose is fitted with an operating automatic shut-off valve
- Watering lawns during or within 48-hours after measurable precipitation
- Irrigating ornamental turf on public street medians
- Irrigation of landscapes outside of newly constructed homes and buildings in a manner inconsistent with regulations or other requirements established by the California Building Standards Commission and the Department of Housing and Community Development
- Irrigation between the hours of 9 A.M. and 6 P.M.
To report water waste please call the City of Santa Clara Water Department at 408-615-2000 between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm or complete the Water Waste report.