Town Hall on Dark Money Ordinance
Monday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.m.
Santa Clara City Council Chambers, 1500 Warburton Ave.
Sign up to join this Town Hall hosted by City Clerk, Hosam Haggag, where attendees can ask questions and learn more about the City's Dark Money Ordinance.
Santa Clara implemented its Dark Money Ordinance in 2018 to shine light on where the money is coming from in local elections. Clean elections demand all campaign contributions and expenditures in municipal elections be fully and truthfully disclosed so voters are fully informed about sources of contributions for or against city candidates or local ballot measures. It is the law to file for these expenditures, and Santa Clarans deserve clean, fair elections.
How to participate:
- By Phone - join the conversation without leaving your home.
- Sign up online with your preferred phone number
- Respond “YES” when you receive our text alert.
- Answer the phone at 7 p.m. on Feb. 24 when we call.
- Attend in Person – come to Santa Clara City Hall Council Chambers to see City Clerk, Hosam Haggag, and ask questions in person.
- Watch Online – the City will stream this town hall on Facebook, YouTube and the City website.
To join the telephone town hall by phone after it has started on Monday, Feb. 24, please call this toll-free number: 877-353-4701.