What is Prioritize Santa Clara?
Prioritize Santa Clara is a series of interactive discussions with the community about necessary infrastructure improvements in the city. Residents are invited to participate in conversations about these future improvements with their neighbors and City staff. Join your community at our behind-the-scenes virtual tours and one of five online meetings.
The City Council is exploring different sources to fund needed infrastructure improvements and upgrades. To assist in their decision making, the Council wants to hear from the community about the following infrastructure topics:
- Fire station upgrades and modernization
- Parks, Recreation and Library amenities
- Safe street improvements
- Flood protection & stormwater improvements
To learn more about the impacts the City is facing, check out this presentation given to the City Council at their budget study session on May 12, 2020. As illustrated in the presentation, the City will face $299.4 million in unmet needs as part of the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Budget.
How do I get involved?
Join a Virtual Tour
Join City staff for a series of live virtual tours on the City’s Facebook page of Santa Clara’s infrastructure projects and investment. This is an opportunity to go “behind the scenes” and see what projects are being done to maintain and improve critical infrastructure, including what needs we have in the future.
Each day from Wednesday, May 27 through Saturday, May 30 at 3 p.m., you’re invited to follow along as we:
- Take a walk through our Santa Clara streets to see how we keep pedestrians, cyclists and drivers safe (Wednesday, May 27)
- Learn about how you and your family are protected from floods and what happens to stormwater in Santa Clara (Thursday, May 28)
- Explore a Santa Clara fire station and experience firsthand how our firefighters live and work (Friday, May 29)
- Tour Santa Clara's Central Park and see what goes into keeping one of our most iconic resources so amazing (Saturday, May 30)
Join a Community Meeting
The City is sponsoring five community meetings to be conducted online using Zoom. Residents will have the opportunity to engage with City staff about different infrastructure projects, followed by a facilitated discussion to hear resident’s feedback. Join through your computer or Zoom mobile app with the links below:
- Monday, June 1, 3-4:15 p.m.
- Webinar ID: 920 9891 9789
- Password: 151292
- Tuesday, June 2, 3-4:15 p.m.
- Webinar ID: 974 0759 7659
- Password: 920428
- Wednesday, June 3, 10-11:15 a.m.
- Webinar ID: 935 5485 0918
- Password: 905681
- Thursday, June 4, 6:30-7:45 p.m.
- Webinar ID: 979 9791 4300
- Password: 113511
- Saturday, June 6, 10-11:15 a.m.
- Webinar ID: 988 9394 8807
- Password: 355697
Or join by phone: 1-669-900-6833
Take an Online Survey
For those unable to attend the virtual tours or meetings, an online survey that mirrors the content of the community meetings is available for residents to share their opinion with us. Follow this easy three-step process to weigh in:
Step 1: Watch our behind-the-scenes tours about critical infrastructure needs on the City's Facebook page.
Step 2: Watch the recording of one of our online community meetings or go through the presentation to get a better idea of what the City's critical needs are.
Step 3: Take the survey and let us know what you think!
The community meetings and online survey are being facilitated and monitored by the Public Dialogue Consortium (PDC) (www.publicdialogue.org), an independent, non-profit organization committed to fostering high-quality communication in the public sphere. Input and comments gathered from the meetings and survey will be included in a report to be presented to the City Council to assist them in making decisions related to funding the infrastructure needs.
For More Information
Become a Prioritize SC advocate! Sign up to receive notifications of future community meetings and learn more at PrioritizeSC@SantaClaraCA.gov.
- May 12, 2020 budget presentation to City Council
- Prioritize Santa Clara flyer
- Community meeting on infrastructure (recorded on 6/1/2020)
- Prioritize Santa Clara community meeting presentation (PDF)
- Survey on Santa Clara's critical infrastructure needs