- You may submit a public records request through the City Clerk's Office - Request Public Records page.
- Call the Service Center at 615-5600.
- To increase service, call Mission Trail at 727-5365 or you may purchase garbage stickers for $4.00 each bag at City Hall.
- Start with the City's Permit Center. Their telephone number is 615-2420.
- The City of Santa Clara Electric Department only services up to the electric meter outside your home or business. You need to call an electrician or repairman for electric repairs inside.
- 1 (800) 743-5000
- Call the Water/Sewer Department at 615-2000 (8am-5pm weekdays) or 615-5640 (after hours and weekends).
- The City residential water and sewer rates are the lowest in the Bay Area. Therefore, the City does not have a low income rate for these services at this time. For information about the possibility of obtaining a low income garbage rate, call 615-2300. The municipal Electric Utility, Silicon Valley Power, has a Rate Assistance Program (RAP) for City of Santa Clara utility bills. RAP provides a 25% discount off the electric portion of the Municipal Utilities bill to qualified Santa Clara residents of certain income levels. See the information found on Silicon Valley Power's website.
- Generally it takes one full work day.
- Only City of Santa Clara bills can be processed at City Hall.
- No, Mission Trail is the only company contracted to provide garbage service in the City of Santa Clara.
You have following choices to pay your Public utility bill.
Sign up for My Account to access your account online and pay your bill.
Automatic credit card payment
Have your payments automatically charged to your credit card on the very last day of our grace period. Download the Automatic Credit Card Enrollment form (PDF: 73.3k), and mail it to us at the address below.
Automatic direct payment from checking or savings account
Have your payments automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Download the Automatic Direct Payment Enrollment form (PDF: 92.96k), and mail it to us at the address below.
Pay with online home banking through your personal financial institution or bank.
Pay by phone
Pay with your credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover) over the phone anytime day or night, 408-615-2300.
Pay by mail
Pay with a check or money order made out to the City of Santa Clara. Mail your payment to the address below.
Pay in person
Pay with cash, check, money order, credit or debit card in person at the Municipal Service counter on the upper level of City Hall's west wing at 1500 Warburton Avenue; Santa Clara, CA. Their hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:55 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Drive-up after hours: There is a drop box at City Hall in the small parking lot on the corner of Warburton and Lincoln at the Warburton Driveway. Envelopes are picked up once a day at 8:00 a.m. Please do not leave cash in the drop box.
Municipal Utilities Mailing Address
City of Santa Clara Municipal Utilities
P.O. Box 49067
Santa Clara, CA 95161-9067
- The City of Santa Clara provides most utility services, including electricity. PG&E provides the gas.